Party in the Park by Morningside Church!
This was a really nice event, not to mention a FREE event. Real free, not fake free, lol. Everything was actually free, even the food! There were a lot of people, lots of activities for kids, a great car show, great singing and a cool doggy that only drinks bottled water!
As soon as I walked towards the event I was drawn to the cars! Beautiful cars and some that were very “different”! One car was so small, I tried to imagine the size of the people who drove it. The tires were as thin as bicycle tires and the width made me think only two teens could comfortably sit in it.
While thinking of the car owners, I lost focus because in the corner of my eyes I saw lots of people wearing green t-shirts walking on the stage. In there hands were signs that stated an issue each person faced. I was curious to find out what was going on so I walked towards the stage and started snapping photos. A song played in the background and soon after, everyone turned their sign over and on the cards were the words “In His hands”, “In God’s Hands”, “Restored”, etc. It was beautiful!
I walked around for a bit more, snapped more pictures and did some chatting before it was time for me to leave for another event! To view the rest of the photos, click here!
Post for my locals!
This Saturday was the Treasure Coast Seafood Festival at the Civic Center, which was really more like a gathering. Usually I’m not so “candid” about city events, but after seeing the turn out, I felt I should
voice post my opinion.
This area is not as dull as it used to be. Every week there are a variety of events taking place. A lot of the people coordinating these events don’t want to or maybe can’t afford to invest in advertising, just little banners on some streets that most people don’t notice (I do because collecting info is my hobby, lol). After visiting a few of the latest unsuccessful events, I decided no longer will I stop myself from writing what I really thought. Maybe one of the planners or those in charge of “freeing up the budget” would read this and make some changes. Now, here are my ideas:
- Send the information to me in advance (pretty much, as soon as you decide you’re going to have it), not two days prior. We offer FREE event and business listings, use it!
- For a nominal fee, I will advertise your event. I will post it on the websites I am affiliated with, on my website, newsletters, etc.
- Create a Facebook event about it. As much as you may dislike Facebook, it’s pretty helpful in getting the word out. Someone will read it and likely tag me or another local listing website in it!
- No one is saying you have to purchase billboard space, but as you can see, lawn signs aren’t really helping the cause! There are already a lot of people in this area who barely notice when the yellow school light is blinking and it’s time to drive 20 MPH, what makes you think people are focusing on a small sign on the ground? Unless it says “yard sale”, don’t expect to grab a lot of attention!
- There are a lot more, but most importantly…consider other events taking place the same day! This is not the first time I’ve mentioned this! One of the biggest complaints I get is “why are they having this event on that day?” I have to remind people that my website it privately owned and I do not work with or for the city. Therefore, I cannot control when they decide to host an event!
Simply changing the date of an event can save planners the embarrassment and vendors from disappointment. For every 100 invites, expect maybe 20 – 50 of those people to show up…divide that by 2 – 4 if your event is schedule the same day as many others! It’s not a wedding, people don’t need to RSVP, nor do they have any responsibility to show up. If you choose a day when there’s not much else going on, you’ll have one heck of a festival!
I was sooooo looking forward to having some delicious seafood, but I ended up just spending less than 20 minutes there. 😦 The band was great though!
I wasn’t going to add pictures, but they prove my point, so click and check them out!!!
The concert that was supposed to take place last month, came in August with a bang! Unfortunately, I was unable to attend last night’s concert at the Port St Lucie Civic Center, but from the photos provided by Lee “Infared Photos”, I feel as if I was there. The crowd looked awesome, and I know from having listened to the artists who performed for many years, this was a great day for our small town!
To view the gallery, click here!